LASIK EYE SURGERY
LASIK TREATMENT IN SOUTH DELHI
LASIK Eye surgery is a worthy choice to enrich your vision. There are millions of individuals who can profit from this procedure. If you are farsighted (hyperopia) or nearsighted (myopia), you might be aided with a Lasik treatment in South Delhi. Lasik stands for Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis. This Lasik vision correction can help individuals to fix astigmatism, to rectify farsightedness, or to correct nearsightedness. Lasik eye surgery restructures the front of the eye, permitting it to another time see clearly. Of the different forms of refractive surgery and eyesight correction in South Delhi, Lasik surgery is perhaps the most popular.
WHAT IS LASIK SURGERY?
Lasik is a surgical process that is capable of revising a catholic range of nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism in this a very thin (90 to 130 microns) layer of cornea (transparent part of eye) is elevated and using computer controlled Excimer Laser ( Argon Flouride 193 nm) the underlying cornea is then restyled into a pre-determined curvature.
Now Lasik surgery cost in South Delhi is quite affordable at I Care Centre. Schedule an appointment now with our eye specialist and get correct your vision.
Patients who are –
- Refractive Error – Myopia between -1 to -12 diopter or Hypermetropia up to 6 diopter
- Astigmatism of upto 6 diopter
- Refraction should be stable for last 1-2 years
- 18 yrs of age or older
- Have healthy eyes free from Retinal problems,corneal scars and any eye disease
- Have a lifestyle or occupation in which they are dissatisfied with C.L or glasses
- Refraction under Cycloplegia
- Corneal Topography for corneal curvature
- Pachymetry for corneal thickness
- Aberometry- measures optical aberrations
- Retinal examination under dilatation
- Measurement of Intra-Ocular Pressure
- Informed consent procedure
Refractive error is being corrected by spectacles for a long time. Spectacles though useful in certain conditions have their own disadvantages like, restricted field of vision, cosmetic blemish, obstruction in sports, physical discomfort. The answer and solution to this is LASIK which enables us to restore our natural vision.
LASIK, which stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis, is a popular surgery used to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. It works by reshaping the cornea, the clear front part of the eye, so that light traveling through it is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF LASIK SURGERIES
Treats only refractive errors (sphere/cylinder)
Corrects refractive error along with optical aberrations of eye resulting in a sharp vision.
Epi-LASIK or LASEK/PRK
In patients with thin corneas it may helf to lift just a thin epithelial flap as in EPI- LASIK or remove epithelium using alcohol as in LASEK. This leaves behind greater amount of tissue in the corneal bed to achieve higher refractive correction.PRK along with use of Mitomycin-C has the same effect. Although it is possible to correct greater amount of refractive error in these procedures but the recovery is slow and more uncomfortable than in LASIK and there are greater chances of haze developing in cornea especially with higer correction.
The flap is lifted up by a laser called a Femtosecond laser instead of a mirco-kertome. The usual laser is used to correct the refractive error and the flap is then placed back where it self heals. Since a laser is used instead of micro-kerotome blade to cut the flap, it is also promoted as a bladeless technique. The result of iLASIK and normal LASIK are similar.
How long does the procedure take?
It is an OPD procedure which takes about 30 min for both eyes.
Is the procedure safe?
Yes, it is the safest and one of the most advanced surgeries in the world.
How Many Post-0p Visits are Required?
Most patients are seen the day following the treatment and then at least after 1 month and 3 months following the treatment. Some patients require more visits.
Is The Effect Permanent?
Yes, following an initial healing period of 2-3 months, the effect is life long.
Will I Need Reading Glasses After Treatment?
Patients over 40 yrs may need magnification for reading fine print. Lasik does not correct or prevent Presbyopia.
How Soon After Treatment Can I Bathe and Take Shower?
You can bathe the same day as the treatment but do not shower for2-4 days after treatment. Avoid getting soap or water directly into your eyes. Avoid rubbing your eyes during 1st month of surgery.
When Can I Drive After Treatment?
You should not drive the day of treatment. After that you may drive when you feel Confident that your visual acuity and eye comfort allow you to drive safely.
Is The Procedure Painful?
No, the procedure is painless and the patient only experiences slight pressure sensation. The procedure itself is very comfortable for the patient.
How soon can I resume my normal activities?
One can resume the normal activities as early as after 24-48 hrs of the surgery with only a few precautions.
Can I go Blind?
No, there has been no reported case of blindness so far.
What is the Difference Between Standard and Custom Lasik?
- Standard Lasik- Treats only Refractive error ( sphere/cylinder)
- 2 Custom Lasik- Besides treating Refractive error it also measures and treats High Order Aberrations present in the optical system of the eye and hence gives better contrast and night vision.
How Soon Can I Swim?
How Soon Can I Exercise?
Non-contact sports can be started as soon as one feels comfortable. Eye protection for racket or rough sports is required.
What Type of Anesthesia is used?
Can Both Eyes be Treated at the Same Time?
Normally both eyes are treated at the same time as this prevents the patient being near-sighted in one eye between treatment. You may elect to get one eye treated at a time.
How Soon After Surgery Will I See Well?
Each patient it is different. Most patient notice a dramatic improvement ever as they leave the clinic.
When Can I Go to Work?
Most patients are back to work a day after treatment.
Will My Eyes be Patched?
No. You should wear protective eye shields for 1 week at bedtime for protection.
What is the time frame for patient?
Day 1. Detailed eye examination
Day 2. LASIK surgery (2-4 hours spent at centre)
Day 3. Review visit after surgery
Day 7. Review examination
What are the potential complications?
Under or over correction, Glare/Decreased contrast sensitivity, Flap damage, Decentered ablation, Cornea, perforation and Infection
Will be totally independent of my spectacles?
95% of the people will be totally free from their spectacles. 5% will have mild variations from their zero targeted correction due to varying healing patterns in different individuals, but will have their dependency reduced on spectacles.
What are various types of LASIK Surgeries?
- Standard lasik – Treats only refractive errors (sphere/cylinder)
- Custom lasik – Corrects refractive error along with optical aberrations of eye resulting in a sharp vision.
- E-LASIK – Corneal tissue saving procedure for patients with thin corneas. Thin epithelial flap made. If epithelium is removed using alcohol then it is called Lasek.
- I LASIK – The flap is lifted up by a laser called a Femtosecond laser instead of a micro-kerotome. The usual laser is used to correct the refractive error and the flap is then placed back where it self heals. Since a laser is used instead of a micro-kerotome blade to cut the flap, it is also promoted as a bladeless technique. The results of i-lasik and normal LASIK are similar.
Is the treatment for life long?